Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Essential Oils

I'm taking the plunge into using Essential Oils tonight.

I ordered a handful from a couple different websites the other day and one of the shipments arrived today so I'm anxious to try them out! I've been reading up on them quite a bit and some of these oils have amazing properties.

I thought this was a great definition:

Essential oils, known as nature’s living energy, are the natural, aromatic volatile liquids found in shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. The distinctive components in essential oils defend plants against insects, environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Essential oils are extracted from aromatic plant sources via steam distillation, and are highly concentrated and far more potent than dry herbs.

While essential oils often have a pleasant aroma, their chemical makeup is complex and their benefits vast—which makes them much more than something that simply smells good.
Historically, essential oils have played a prominent role in everyday life. With more than 200 references to aromatics, incense, and ointments throughout the Bible, essential oils are said to be used for anointing and healing the sick. Today, essential oils are used for aromatherapy, massage therapy, emotional health, personal care, nutritional supplements, household solutions, and much more.

So I'm trying to come up with the perfect blend of scents that will please and intrigue customers. Wish me luck!

Last night I also tried a new shave bar recipe and I'll post the results of that in about a week, after the bars have had some time to cure.

 Last but not least!

Tomorrow my new lip balm tubes and the rest of the new flavors should be here so I'll be hard at working making up some new balms to sell!

So keep an eye on my Etsy Shop for those, or if you live near me, contact me directly so I can wave the shipping costs and we can arrange for a pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment