Monday, July 19, 2010

My first batch of lip balm


I just poured them so it'll be a while before I'm able to test how they are. Half are no scent/flavor and the other half are cherry flavored.

It was pretty easy to do, I used a basic recipe of beeswax, coconut oil, cocoa butter, almond butter and vitamin e.

I'll see ow these turned out & tailor them from there...

I got a sunburn yesterday and my lips are chapped a bit and I've been putting aloe on them, I'm wondering if I can somehow incorporate aloe into a lip balm ingredient and if it would do any good or if there's something else out there that would be better to use for healing properties.

I also have lavender butter.. I wonder how that would be....

2 comments:

  1. Maybe lavender would be like a lasting, tranquil aromatherapy session. Your lips are pretty close to your nose.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually made some with the lavender butter a bit ago, I used the honey flavor oil in them & they're fantastic... I love the flavor and the consistency!

    ReplyDelete