Sunday, September 26, 2010

Product Debut!


I had people over for a combo birthday/product debut party last night and I think it went pretty good!

People were able to test the lotions, lip balms & salt scrub and smell all the different scents I have so far. I sold a decent amount of product and overall I'd call it a success. It also let me gauge how comfortable I am with telling people about the different products I have to offer and what specifics I need to memorize to fully explain the benefits of certain ingredients to people.

I've also decided that I'm going to have my candles as a "made to order" product. Since I have so may different sizes of candles (6" pillars, 3" pillars, 6oz tins, 4oz tins, votives & tea lights) and so may different scents (vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, wildberry, gingerbread, pumpkin pie, lavender, white tea & ginger, pear, mulberry, red currant). I'll make sure I have something made up of each scent for people to smell and to buy I'll take an order and have them done within 3 days. That way they're fresh and I don't have an abundance of stock sitting around that may not get purchased.

I figure I'll try it this way for a bit and see how it goes. Can't hurt, right?

I'm going to be adding the bath salts, salt scrub, glitter gel, solid lotion bars and more lip balm flavors to ETSY very soon so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment